Facility & Equipment
Facility and equipment
vivo Science has the technical and scientific infrastructure to perform rodent in vivo-based studies including qualified equipment to perform GxP-compliant studies. The GLP and GMP compliance is assured by continuous internal monitoring and QA self-inspections as well as regular external audits by clients and the responsible German authorities.
The 900 sqm facility allows for sufficient space and includes:
- BSL 2 laboratory to perform virus-based assays and the handling of genetically-modified organisms
- Large cell culture laboratory
- Biochemistry laboratory
The facility has separate animal laboratories using independent air handling as recommended by the FELASA. Housing is available for mice, rats, hamsters, guinea pigs and embryonated eggs.
- BSL 2 animal housing using IVC racks
- Sterile SPF animal housing
- Standard animal housing
- Radioisotope laboratory and beta scintillation counter for the use of radioactive markers
- Histology and immunochemistry preparations are performed in-house
- Necropsy workstations
- Histology workstations
- Immuno-fluorescence microscopy
The facility is well equipped for non-animal studies using equipment such as:
- Flow cytometer
- ELISA reader
- Sterile hoods
- Fume hood
- Real-time PCR
- Gradient PCR
All critical equipment used in studies are connected to a central electronic monitoring system with automated alarming in the case of a malfunction
A central gas supply is used for all incubators and is protected by a backup alert system.
Containment and standard laboratories have separate air handling units. The air for the containment laboratories passes through HEPA filters before entering these laboratories.
An internal back-up power supply is available in the case of electrical outages. The electronic raw data systems are also separately buffered.